RCU Forums - View Single Post - Control line comeback
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 11:44 PM
BrightGarden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, glad to find this thread. I can't explain why I got caught by the bug to fly CL the last couple of years, the reasons are lost in (recent) memory.
It seems I was around many Cox and Testors plastic flying bricks in the late 60's and early 70's, but I can't remember actually flying.
I think we used all our time trying to run them - but, boy, did that provide a lot of lessons. I think tinkering with them leads to an interest in how things work, and I eventually became a design engineer (computer).
Last weekend was the 10th Annual WorldWide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon, and two weekends ago was the International Cox PT-19 Fly-It-If-You-Got-It weekend.
Both events are ad-hoc nostalgia-driven weekends, and somebody tallies the total number of flyers, flights, and different airplanes.
The events gave me a focus to get airplanes, and get them ready, for the event - I need a little structure around my model airplane enthusiasm, I find.

Here's a video I made yesterday using a wrist-mount for my GoPro. The setup needs to be adjusted for better results but it got me a whole long way to being able to capture my progress with learning to fly the Old Time Stunt pattern.
This Ringmaster is 40 years old and was the best of the litter from a gent who had 30 CL planes up for sale near me.
The fuel came from S&W in Tatamy, PA - I bought 4 gallons for best price, a year ago - 29% Castor, 10% Nitro.

Video
- I hope it motivates you to get out there in the sun and fly...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Thumbnail for Youtube.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	377.7 KB
ID:	2240844  
The following users liked this post:
Lee Taylor (07-15-2022)