RCU Forums - View Single Post - Better Second Plane
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Thunderhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Better Second Plane

I learned on an LT40 ARF, and that was a nice flier. Once I was used to it and wanted somthin else I went to a Vmar Vstick. WOW I thought that thing was as wild as they came. I thought I was king of the airfield. Well a flame out on take off ended that plane. So off to the LHS I went and came home with the Sig SE. Oh how I thought that the stick was wild.......Yes this plane will ABSOLUTLEY burn holes in the sky. Now I would have not been as comfortable with if I would have never flown the stick. So as far as a 2nd plane I wouldnt recommed it, HOWEVER........It does come in at a crawl if set up mild (i.e forward cg and LOW rates) I guess what Im sayin is its all up to you and your individual skills. The old fogeys at my field say I picked up quicker than most and that Im ready for the Giles 202 I just put together (Hopefully Saturday when I maiden I dont prove tham wrong
) Again I could have probably went to the SE as my 2nd and had sucess, but for how long.......not sure. Ive never seen a plane with a roll rate like that of the SE on high rates at my local field and most are Extras, 202's and so on. than again they are gassers too