RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1
Old 10-18-2017, 02:18 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Balling
Finally; it was a George Strait day (Blue Clear Sky) in Arizona, so we took the drive to our world famous lake bed north of Kingman to maiden our "Mini". A very cool morning (47f) by southwest standards, the K-70 roared into life and the newest addition to our stable smoothly rotated into the air. A first occurred in my many years of jetting, absolutely no trim required. Not using more that 1/2 throttle (remember, cool temps) the flight was enjoyable from the very beginning. My maiden shakes quit as soon as the gear came up and an effortless 6 minute flight was fun and relaxing. Inverted flight demonstrated a perfect balance (middle of the wing tube), and loops as big as you like to make them. With no wind, the smoke simply hung in the air. Time to land: Half flap (one click elevator in flight mode), Full flap, one more up click on Elevator. A landing pass, then an uneventful landing; nose up, power on, touch the mains, idle power and the nose wheel touches surface........no brakes necessary as it's a hard, but dirt surface. YAHOOOOOO. Check the fuel: Half a tank remaining. Wow, this little 70 is truly powerful and fuel efficient.
great job! so the flaps actually require UP elevator compensation?
this is usually an indication of nose heavy CG.

Last edited by i3dm; 10-18-2017 at 02:23 AM.