RCU Forums - View Single Post - weight limit in USA for jets....
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 09:53 PM
Racerbuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you mean this rules:On January 25, 2011, AMA’s Executive Council (EC) approved an update to the Large Model Aircraft program. This program includes some significant changes. To review the document go to Click image for larger version

Name:	520-a.pdf
Views:	43
Size:	561.7 KB
ID:	2242679.

One of the most prominent changes is the weight increase to 125 pounds for prop-driven models (LMA) and 100 pounds for turbine-powered models (LTMA). There are four classifications referenced within the program: LMA-1, LMA-2, LTMA-1 and LTMA-2.

Classifications LMA-1 and LTMA-1 (55 pounds to 77.2 pounds) will allow for a self-inspection by the owner of the LMA or a Large Model Aircraft Inspector (LMAI). It will require two demonstration flights in front of two observers. The owner can serve as one of the observers, as long as he/she is not the pilot of the model. The other observer has to be an AMA Contest Director (CD), Leader Member (LM) or Large Model Aircraft Inspector (LMAI).

Classifications LMA-2 and LTMA-2 will require inspection by an LMAI, followed by demonstration flights observed by the inspector.

Please note that all required documentation (as outlined in the program) has to be received by AMA HQ no later than 30 days after being issued for the permit to be valid! AMA HQ will send a receipt notification to the owner listed on the Permit to Fly and update the Web site listing. This document can be found in the Members Only section. Safety & Member Benefits Department

But this means 77,2 pounds is the limit for self inspected planes... wich is 35 Kg... this is enough for my new projekts but less what I was in the hope what will be allowed....

We talk about big planes, the marked is cracy about big planes, everybody wants to scale up and up... some other Plane companys go the way make it big and they make it to light... this to light will couse in an colapse of the airframe in short time. I like it BIG and I will not forget the strenght we have to put in the plane so it will last long. Shure we do not build the lightest planes on the planet.... but we produce save Planes.

Is there the same rules in Canada? Australia? would be also interesting for me... my new projects are quite big, so the 25Kg (55lbs) will be very hard to get....