RCU Forums - View Single Post - Powering FPV in car
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 12:33 PM
Simianosaurus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powering FPV in car

Hi all.
I've been wanting to try putting a camera into an RC car for years and have eventually decided to do it.
However, I'm not too great at electronics, so could do with a little advice.
I found what looks like a decent setup with the Eachine ATX03 ROTG01 (Sorry can't post a link to details, but you can search for 'Eachine ATX03 ROTG01 Mini-5 8G 72CH. Switchable FPV AV VTX RX Combo For Android' ) but was wondering how people would recommend powering it.
As this will be for occasional use and​​​​​​ for simplicity, I was thinking of using 3 alkaline AAs. What do you think?

The car I am using is my battered old BearHawk, that I have already switched out the MSC for an ESC (so plenty of space). Originally, I was thinking I could take power from a servo connector on the cars reciever, but that is tiny and only has connectors to power the main servos.

Many FPV quads seem to use Lipos, but as I'm not overly worried about weight and currently have no Lipo equipment, they seem a little a little too much hassle to get working, not to mention the safety aspects which could be an issue as I want this to be as kid friendly as possible.

Cheers.