RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scratch build McDonnell XP-67
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Mms_citrus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I am looking at all the drawing I can find and I'm picking the ones I like and scribing them. I am mostly using the drawings you mentioned, since I used them for the plans anyway . Also I found a couple of pages with plastic model builds so I'm using those also. To bad o can't find a model anywhere. Would like one just to have. I'm basically done with the stabilizers and wings. I think it will be easiest to fix the couple of very minor mistakes on the actual part out of the mould. These plugs that I have produced are not perfect in paint uniformity and hardness so it's a little difficult to be precise and even.I have a feeling when I produce the parts I will have to scribe some of the panel lines and riveting details again, especially after painting. I don't want large gaping panel lines on a model of this size and I think if I do a dark part, when I paint on top and scribe thru the topcoat, the dark part will help accent the panel lines without a bunch of washes.
The fuse plug is coming out much harder so it may not be as much of a problem on it. I haven't finished fairing it out yet anyway.

I fixed ths vertical stabilizer a bit. I shaved down the parts where the horizontal stabs attach. I saw a slight chance in locking the mould to the plug on them, so better safe. The horizontal stabs still fit pretty well. I may do a little filling when I do an assembly on the flying model.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0219.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	2243787Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0218.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	848.3 KB
ID:	2243788Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0215.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	1.06 MB