RCU Forums - View Single Post - Calrl Goldberg Tiger 60 Build
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 12:42 PM
VincentJ

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Calrl Goldberg Tiger 60 Build

I have been deciding which plane I wanted to build next . It has to fit in my vehicle easily so that it can be transported to the field and back home without hassle. Something that would be relaxing to fly but still able to perform basic aerobatic maneuvers when the urge calls. After looking at a number of possibilities, I settled on Carl Goldberg's classic Tiger 60. Now this isn't my first Tiger, in fact I've had two others and I've enjoyed each one that I've owned. I know how well they fly when built stock, and some of the areas of concern that need improvement.

My intentions are to keep this plane basic, but give it the upgrades that will suite my preferences for flying. Here are a few of my build intentions:

1. Gas Engine DLE 20RA
2. Tail Dragger version
3. Reduce most of the wing's dihedral
4. Slip on wings
5. Redesign to both Tail and Rudder
6. Removable canopy
7. Cowled engine
8. Removable Rudder

I'm just finishing up my latest build project, Sig's Morrisey Bravo (seen in the background). I still have a bit of work on it, so I'll be working on both projects. My intentions is to have this Tiger completed by Spring, so if this interests anyone by all means come and share this experience with me, I'd love to have you along...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7865.JPG
Views:	501
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	2245494  

Last edited by VincentJ; 02-20-2018 at 09:34 AM.