RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum dx9 betrayal!
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 07:37 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by GREG DOE
"Each to their own said the widow as she kissed the cow". I lump the Chicks in with Kaepernick. That's a shame since they are talented. I have family and friends who fought, and died so that these idiots can disrespect my flag, my country, and it's leaders.
I live near Nashville and listen to country music, but I turn the radio off if the Chicks come on, and I don't watch the NFL any more either. Come to think of it the Chicks don't get much air time on the stations I listen to.
Greg, with much respect. I grew up on Pylon racing with guys like Jim Kelly, Jeff Carpenter, Paul Benezra etc. so as an avid pylon guy in the '80s I saw your name and accomplishments published often in the magazines.

Everyone has the right to their opinion, that is one of the things that your friends and family had fought for. The Chicks have a right to express their opinion and nobody has a right to use their freedom of speech to suppress anyone else's. The Chicks situation was blown way out of context. Natalie being 27 at the time and prone to get caught up in the moment just spoke without thinking and then the media took off with it. Please beleive that what I am telling you is reality based on the fact that I worked closely with them for almost a year. The Chicks do in fact support our US troops as they are doing their job in protecting our country. They do not support our current war efforts. I hope you can recognize the difference. There are some out there that beleive that war and war preparations are unnessesary, I respect that although I do not beleive our world is at a point where we can put war behind us. Since 2001 I have been employed by the defense industry. First with Lockheed Martin then L3 and currently Aerojet Rocketdyne. I take pride in knowing my workmanship is helping to keep our guys safe. I also respect that all US citizens have the right to freedom of speech and will not judge people who at one time simply put their foot in their mouth. We all have done that at one point in our lives.