RCU Forums - View Single Post - help picking a mini for my daughter
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 04:50 PM
dieseltech320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help picking a mini for my daughter

Hey everyone I'm kinda new around here mainly just read and view don't usually post much, definitely not new to the rc scene though. Anyway I'm looking for some helping picking out a rc for my daughter. She is ready for her first hobby grade rc. She is almost 6 but has been driving her toy grade one for a while now and has gotten very good at it and just isn't happy with it when driving at the same time as me due to well ya'll know they just aren't fun! She does very well driving my losi mini 8 as long as I have the throttle backed down to where it doesn't go too fast, so I'm confident she will do fine with one. I want around a 1/24 scale for indoor use. I don't need to have anything super heavy duty since it will not be bashed around like most of my rc's get. But I certainly am not saying that I want the cheapest thing is not what I'm implying. So what I found I think I want is the ECX 1/24 roost. It is around the size I want, the radio looks to be on the smaller side for her small hands. It is 4x4 which I like for helping run on carpet and not spinning all the time on the kitchen and garage floors, and for light outdoor use on smooth dirt surfaces. speed is acceptable for her skill level. I looked at several others and this was what seemed the best. I know losi sells one the same scale and I love their products. My losi mini 8 is one of my favorite rc's. But from seeing it and watching a couple of videos it seems that the 1/24 losi will have problems on hard surfaces wanting to just sit there and do donuts due to being 2wd unless you are good with throttle control and being able to feather the throttle which is something she still needs a little learning with. Any help you guys and galls can provide I would certainly appreciate. Thanks!

Cody