RCU Forums - View Single Post - FTX Colt Customising
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 03:00 AM
alexhore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FTX Colt Customising

So my lad is 7 next week and he loves cars. I have previously bought him off the shelf £20 cars running off AA batteries for round the house but they were never gonna hold his interest so I think the time has come to get hime something a bit more real for the park. Loads of space in the park with not too much to bump into but paths can be narrow and leaves and mud around so went with a buggy but avoided braking the bank on his first I don't mind wasting cash upgrading later while the Mrs aint looking...

Its too early to consider upgrading it speed wise, I want him to be able to control it but I would like to hear of any suggestions for improving its stability or customisations we can carry out together while waiting for the battery to charge.

Can I buy any 1/18th shell or do I need to stick to buggy type shells maybe even of the correct brand?

Can you recommend a second reasonably priced battery or would it work out better value to swap it out for li-po considering I already have spare connectors and a Lipo charger of my own? The focus is not speed, I would prefer 2 or 3 relatively standard batteries over an epic moter busting 3s, the longer he can drive it without going home to charge it the better!