RCU Forums - View Single Post - ECX Barrage 1/12 Scale Crawler
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 10:14 PM
David Wile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mike,

I am partial toward metallic red, but the red-orange-yellow-white Dodge is mighty good looking. It is not that I am afraid to paint, but rather, I really do hate to paint, and I mean paint anything. You might suppose it could be due to my being in my mid-seventies, but you would be missing the barn by about twelve yards there. I have always hated to paint, and I can remember hating to finger paint in kindergarten. I would like to paint some door & window lines on my Barrage and bought some paint to do so, but every time I get the urge to do it, I sit down for a few minutes, and the urge passes.

It is not that I do not appreciate nice painting, not at all. I really do have an appreciation for things other folks paint well, but I do not want to do it. Reading your tips on painting these bodies is most interesting. I truly am interested in how you do these things, but the thought of my actually getting my hands dirty is a non-starter for me.

My wife and I used to do ceramics many years ago. Actually she did everything in ceramics while I mostly did pumpkins, skulls, and table lamp. I thoroughly enjoyed doing pumpkins where I would add clay to the pumpkins to add ears, noses, and eyebrows for a more interesting three dimensional look. I actually did paint the pumpkins, but it was very simple - red tongue, white teeth, white eyes with black pupil, green stem, and orange all over. I also "painted" the lamps with some kind of stuff that changed to many different colors after being fired. None of my ceramic painting was sophisticated in any way, but my wife would do some real intricate painting on a lot of things she made. I just cannot get thrilled with painting eye lashes on little tiny people or whatever.

That Dodge truck of yours does look finestkind for sure.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile