RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix Edge 540 1.20
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Boboeing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Willy
Left side use servo arm on top. Right side use servo arm on bottom. Should equal out that way. My first one was tail heavy. The second one I moved the servos under canopy and moved throttle servo up front. Used 1/4 scale nyrod. Using DLE20 for power,no control problems. Second one ended up 1# lighter. Good flyer.
Using long servo arms would equal out the angles but I like to use relatively short arms on the servos to increase leverage and control surface precision. Lightens servo work load and current draw.
One pound lighter is quite significant. I think that the most recent air frames from Phoenix have been lightened. Structure towards back of fuselage has been modified with many lightening holes here and there.
If I find that I need to lighten the tail I'll use mini digital servos on elevators. 90 oz inches of torque on each elevator half should be sufficient and will lighten tail by 2 oz. Also plan to move rudder servo up to behind the wing tube and go pull pull. Total weight off tail about 4 oz.