RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anything like tailor made decals here stateside?
Old 01-01-2018, 09:40 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

IF you guys are that picky, you should not be dealing with ARFs at all, I have never seen one that accurate to begin with. No one seems to care at my field.

The next best thing to building now is to get a white ARF, at least that way it comes out the way you want, and as a bonus you can get the hatches and gear doors to fit. Nothing worse than having a US$5-10K ARF with potato chip gear doors and 1/4 inch gaps

EDIT: I have used promark over the years with good results, it helps if you understand their workflow. Tailor Made is great I have had samples and hope to use them, but I prefer dry transfer if at all possible, I thought Ralle was going to venture into dry transfer but I have not talked to him in a couple of years. Honestly, if I was going to do water slide decals I would probably do them myself, using color laser printing. Calle is great but I cant see vinyl markings on a serious scale plane. just IMHO

Last edited by mr_matt; 01-01-2018 at 10:50 AM.