RCU Forums - View Single Post - 60cc airboat maiden voyage
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 03:01 PM
ElectricFlyGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can see why you are hesitant to go much past 1/3 throttle as it may just be top heavy and it seems to sit low in the water. But, you found some nice smooth waters and that is the best kind in that case. It would take some force to uproot it and flip it over. I hope you are prepared for a flip over and the question is, is it very buoyant just in case? Is that box well sealed? If so, then I would say yes it won't sink. My electronics are in a water proof RC case built into my boat. I wouldn't go fast while turning until you build that aluminum frame/cage. I put mine trough heck and it's very stable with my aluminum framework.I'm sure you would have no trouble going near full throttle on smooth water and with as much as it weighs also holding it firmly in the water. Let us know what changes you make and I think a 36" width makes that a very stable boat at 5' long for sure! Very nice! I would like to build a 6' X 3' and was wondering is you did a build thread or if you took build photos? IF not, can you tell us how it is constructed? What plywood? Fiberglass? Your hull don't look very deep. I think the height should be approx 6" to at least 8" ( per your scale) to really float and maneuver well. Thanks. Scott
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CarsAirBoat 012.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	4.51 MB
ID:	2250544  

Last edited by ElectricFlyGuy; 01-09-2018 at 03:13 PM.