RCU Forums - View Single Post - ElMod and Tamiya Leopard 2 style drive information
Old 01-12-2018, 08:17 AM
Srobjets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All are valid and great aspects of this hobby we all love. You have to love it to stay with it. This is about me and not forcing my opinions on anyone. I can attest to the Taigen, Heng Long vs. Tamiya. They all have their benefits. With my personal experience of starting out with the Taigen Tanks, have moved on to Tamiya. After seeing 10-13 year old Tamiya’s still rocking and rolling, I bit the bullet and went Tamiya. I still have 2 Taigen Jagdtiger, not made by Tamiya and a Tiger 1. I did get an ElMod from Joe, and he’s been great with helping me getting it going. The simplicity of the Tamiya electronics kept me in the game. The ElMod is a great unit, especially since Tamiya ditched the lifetime warranty on their electronics. You also get to do modifications on the Tamiya’s. This is the exciting part, we can add lighting to a Tiger, get the machine gun to move. Cool stuff, the stuff that made us all tankers. The best thing Tamiya did is KISS keep it simple stupid with the electronis. Just my thoughts.