RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pitts S1-S by EMHW
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 11:24 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sure everyone has noticed I have been gone for a while. I originally left because of the way RCU was going but it appears they have made some improvements.
Top Gun 2017 did not go to well, actually did not go at all. On practice day the prop bolt broke taking the prop bolts, nuts, spinner and back plate, as well as the prop for a separate joy ride. And then whilst landing extremely fast it nosed over and broke the fin and crumpled the front of the cowl. Being extremely frustrated, not to mention it takes a month to get parts for the engine, I declined the rule of using an alternative for flight and I packed up and went home. Spent most of the next year doing some remodeling on our old house so as to sell it.
But I think I am near to being back in to the hobby. I accepted the invite to Top Gun 2018 and have made all the necessary repairs on the Eagle. Just got RF loaded on a new LT so I can start practicing, I need to do a lot. Next week trips to the field will begin and using the smaller Pitts looking to get live practice as well.
Well, that is an update on me and the Pitts. Wishing everyone well.