View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 06:46 AM
Smooth Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same issues on both my wings and there are two solutions that come to mind. 1) On the aileron bottom you can cut a small square out of the composite to size with a very sharp #11 blade. Save the composite to glue back after you add more hard point. 2) You can move the aileron into a full up position and go through the leading edge of the aileron and slide more hardpoint through there, Be careful not to stress the aileron hinge too much. The first repair was the way I did it and the second repair was done by Monte Richard, NSCRA District 6 Vice-President and it worked real well.

The hardpoints are in the dark blue area of the bottom of the aileron and the repair will not be seen readily no matter which way you do it. Attached is a couple of photos of the only flying Carresas in the US at this time. The one on the left is my electric powered, the one on the right is fuel powered. The plane in the middle is an Alchemy, Bryan's high end replacement for the Allure. All flew excellent. That is Bryan Hebert, the designer, in the middle.Sheldon
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20180204_114706.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	3.38 MB
ID:	2253590   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180204_114550.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	2253591