RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to RC Planes, help getting started
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 07:20 PM
gbflrs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, after giving this some thought... what I've decided to do is slowly get the students started on an Avistar model while we wait for a local club to guide me and show me the ropes. In the meantime I'll also look for AMA membership and all requirements to fly with the local club I reached out to. Hopefully we'll be ready to fly near the end of the school year. Even if I'm the only one flying by that time, they'll still enjoy it. Looks like there's a field they fly out of about 5 minutes from our school.

In the meantime I'm also going to start building a J3 Cub with the help of some of my trusted students so we can become familiar with an actual build from start to finish. There's an awesome in depth tutorial on YouTube I found where he builds one step by step, and is easy to follow. Hopefully by the time we finish this one we'll have some practice flying as well.

im still waiting on some standing storage cabinets so that all this can be accessed quicker rather than stacking tubs every time we need something.

This will come in handy, no?
Click image for larger version

Name:	r1jvia.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	627.7 KB
ID:	2254449

Last edited by gbflrs; 02-12-2018 at 07:24 PM.