RCU Forums - View Single Post - how much crashing is typical?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 09:15 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Crashing isn't typical if you're working with some sort of instructor. It's very typical if you're learning on your own. I would suggest getting to a club and asking for some help if you really want to stop crashing them. It's either that or keep crashing them until you don't crash them anymore... whenever that occurs. Either you'll learn to take-off, fly, land, or you'll go broke trying, or you'll just give up before any of that happens.

I've taught many people to fly that have moved up in the hobby from there. Of those some took longer, some much longer, and yes a few just didn't get it... or wouldn't listen.

Once you learn, you might go years without loosing a plane. A key is getting good instruction and applying what the instructor is telling you... You might even be doing that already.. if so keep going.. don't give up.. I think flying an RC plane is akin to a musician playing an instrument.. you have to develop that muscle memory and perception for both activities... and in both activities some are naturals, some can learn after a little bit, some learn enough to get by... and some just aren't cut out for it. Most can do it though after enough time.

A good instructor can give you insight on what kind of plane might be best for you to learn on and move up with. Do you have access to a club or instructor?