RCU Forums - View Single Post - ***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)
Old 03-25-2018, 09:45 AM
rutanman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I'm confused too. Money savings for RCUniverse?

Originally Posted by jetaholic
This new setup is the best thing that's happened............................For RC Groups!
I think RCGroups had this happen once when someone once changed the RCGroups icon to a guys face (because he was temporarily supervising the website - done as a joke). But everyone assumed that their website was hacked - led to everyone - Buyers and Sellers being afraid of posting to site. RCGroups was quick to change back and apologize for the gross mistake.

Why the change? When looking for quality used rc equipment, I have always checked RCUniverse, RCGroups and Flying Giants Classifieds. Picture, location, price, distance, city, state - all close together in an ad (was a great advantage to me). But with the new setup, I see pic and description on one side of the screen and have to turn my eyes/head to see the price (not user friendly in my opinion).

I can click on a sub categories (if I must) but I don't want to type keywords to find items of my interest. The subcategories, if set up correctly should do that for the buyer. Also, liked sorting ads by distance. Can't even figure out where this feature might be.

The biggest drawback on buying an item is location. Shipping on larger items is now super expensive. I used to rule out items just by seeing that an item was out of state - now I can't even tell what state an item is in??????

I am sure that I'm not alone in these feelings, in fact; I may be in the majority. Long time users should have sat down with programmer to give a thumbs up or down before release to the public. Then the new version should've been beta released to public for some fine tuning.

Hate to criticize, but I am totally confused by the new marketplace.