RCU Forums - View Single Post - actuator control boards
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 02:44 AM
Mike Taylor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: actuator control boards

I haven't tried one since I have 8 to 10 RFFS's (I really need to take inventory one day and see where they all are), but there's no reason Bob's stuff would not perform as advertised. I rely on a lot his products and they have all performed quite well.

I don't really understand why you would use such a large receiver with actuators, though. The complete RFFS system with two of the big BSD Standard actuators weighs less than the smallest GWS and its ESC... If you want more power for a bigger motor and faster & heavier plane, you run the risk of over-taxing the actuators' torque.

If you get the RFFS, Bob also makes a simple 2 cell adapter that plugs right into the RFFS (you need to snip one lead, but it is well documented and easy to do), and this allows great performance from the larger motors (N-20s are quite powerful for their size) and it also boosts the power of the actuators by letting them run at a regulated 5 volts instead of the 4.2 to mid 3-volt range you get from a single LiPoly.

I'm running one of these with the N-20 motor and Kenway 4:1 gearbox and I'm quite happy with it. Docile flyers on a single cell now perform unlimited numbers of consecutive loops...