RCU Forums - View Single Post - Buyer be AWARE of Chief Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 06:52 AM
cap10b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buyer be AWARE of Chief Aircraft

Here is my two cents worth
I buy from Chief never had a problem (Larry is a good guy) but I did notice that when Larry goes to a show or vacation the quality of customer service drops. There are some employees that carry the company on their backs. They carry the screw ups, the owner, everyone that has a headache, backache, basically have Chief Aircraft-itis. We've all been there, but thats not going to stop me from buying from a company that provides a product I need. Plus a very wise purchasing agent once told me when I was a tadpole buying for a fixed based operation "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" meaning spread the money around. Don't buy everything from one or two places. Find out where the diamond in the rough is find out who has good service and who does'nt. When you get a bad experience with a company cool it with them for a while talk to the managers and let them know whats going on. Don't whine and cry, just tell them straight up. Hey you guys are making me look bad, I missed a due date we didn't get the customer up in the air. Give them a chance to make it right. I guarantee you if they know they can keep you as a customer buy giving or sending you something or even knocking a little off the price or shipping they will do it. These people are not dumb they know we butter their bread.

And something else just because Larry has to fixed all the problems caused by everyone else doesn't mean that Larry is the only person that knows whats going on. Talk to them find out who is a good guy who is not. Just as an example some of my present co-workers have to deal with IBM and there are two people there that need to be shot!!! When they answer the phone my co-workers just hang up wait a few minutes and call again to get someone else. When review time comes around these bad apples get tossed and new blood moves up. That's the American way !!

Two can play at the merry go round of capitalism.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it

jds