RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2a Sure Shark tank
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 07:09 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been meaning to do this for a while, so having just scored a handful of Al cigar tubes, last evening I roughed out a .940" OD x 4" bladder tank that works out to 41cc capacity. The part I really wanted to do was the mid-bladder seteup. It has a latex bladder pinned at the midpoint and half the length of the tank. It weighs 9g as you see it, so after some cleaning up just need to add the fuel outlet one end, vent the other, and seal the midpoint. This will tuck in nicely behind a snotty little .049/.061 and run for a while on pressure. Skinny setup. I want to build the next speed ship skinny enough that I have to put a blister around the engine mounting lugs.

Forecast so far for the weekend is 20-25 mph winds and 20-26 degrees F.

I am totally stoked to get the Toucan/Profi up with the new pressure system/bladder tank plus moving the battery back out of the way and improving the way-forward CG. It still totally smoked in turns, I did a few double takes and whoa-nellies checking it out and getting initiated. The Boomerang airframe normally races at a substantially higher gross weight, so at around the 10oz mark it floats. Once it warms up I swear the thing might thermal.

Break's over, back to the shop..