RCU Forums - View Single Post - Confused on Retracts for .60 Corsair!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 08:34 AM
vwcalbug
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused on Retracts for .60 Corsair!

I have a Top Flite Gold Edition kit I've started building, and I need to make a decision on gear. I have been researching for weeks and I just don't know what to do! It just seems like such a crap shoot, plus a lot of data I found was old, or changed. I'm going to summarize what I think I know and I can use some advice on which way to go. Appreciate the help.

The only real limitation is I want electric, I want nothing to do with air.

1) Robart 615E: Should drop right in, but I don't read anything good about them, lots of issues and concerns for durability. I expect my model to be 11-12 lbs when done (1.20 engine, retracts, glass/paint). They are pricey, but I'm willing to spend money. I think they came out with an updated version, it seems like most issues discussed are older. Are these good or not?
2) CJM also mentioned in the kit instructions. I have a pneumatic set, but I don't want to go that route. They seem to be shut down. I contacted them through email, no response, their number is disconnected. Down and Locked will retro them for $350 (crazy!).
3) E-Flite 60/120: This seems to be a very strong option at a good price. There are some positings about issues, but limited. Most people seem to think they are great and they also seemed to have an updated model in 2015. This seems to be my best option, any concerns with that?
4) Lado Tech: Was horrible when they came out, then sold to a french company. Seems to be pretty well regarded, probably most expensive?
4) Down and Locked: Seems like they are great, not a ton of info out there, but no rotating version (coming July 18 per them)
5) Electron: Seems good, not a ton of info out there, no rotating version.
6) Shulman: Can't find much info/reviews on them. No idea on price/lead time.
7) VQ: Highly regarded but just seem like a modified robart retract? I'm concerned about it fitting into the wing of the .60. I think it's too big for me.

So really for electric it seems like the options are Robart, E Flite, Shulman and Lado. I'm willing to pay, but expect quality and reliability. How would people rank these are best options (regardless of price)? To me it seems like:

Lado
E Flite
Shulman
Robart

Does that sound right? Can anyone provide more insight or anything I missed?