RCU Forums - View Single Post - KAOS AND RELATED PLANES AND INFO
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 02:28 PM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Kablake I did a bit of research. Warbird Adventures started as an idea around 1998. It was supposed to be a barnstorming operation. In 2004 Hurricane Charley struck the area. Warbird Adventures moved to the airport. I'm not sure if there was a Kissimmee Air Museum. But KAM And WBA are one and the same. I'll have to see what their sign says at the airport. If there is a sign. They are located on the west side of the airport by Hoagland Blvd. I remember that time; 2004. I usually go to the east side of the airport. That year due to the hurricane I had to go to the west side. I drive down Hoagland Blvd and occasionally enter that side of the airport. So I have been by but just see things from a distance.

Flights over DW were allowed until 9-11. After 9-11 DW and Disneyland were granted a Temporary Flight Restriction which is now permanent. The TFR has a 3 mile radius and surface up to and including 3,000 feet. Aircraft, helicopter and remote controlled aircraft operations are restricted. However, if you are in contact with Air Traffic Control you are permitted to enter the TFR. I've had that happen, I think, twice. I usually plan to just avoid the area. You can see a lot from the air and 3500’ over DW is a good view for me.

There, now, is a lot of helicopter traffic in the area. I'm not sure if there is any special helicopter allowances for helicopter tours over DW. Just lots of helicopter landing pads and rides in the area.