RCU Forums - View Single Post - Monster GT Revival
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 09:11 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by hilifemt
Been running the truck for about 2 weeks now. I toasted the Turnigy 120a esc and replaced it with a Hobbywing 150a esc. It's runs much cooler now on 4s and the new esc is much smoother on the throttle and brake. I shredded the stock 8.0 tires and yesterday shredded a rear pro-line crime fighter. I wanted some big bash tires any how, so ordered the Badland MX38. Hopefully they can handle the power and abuse. The center diff and diffs are holding up well. I have had the diffs in the truck forever and when shimmed properly, they seem bullet proof, which was one of my worries. When I pulled the truck out of storage it was in pretty rough shape but have gradually got the worn, beat up parts replaced. The other day I put 30k diff oil front and rear, 500k in the center diff. That made a huge difference and seems to fit my needs and driving style perfect. Running 12t/46t gearing, but once I get the new tires, l will put in a 10t or 11t pinion. This thing is wicked compared to the nitro engine I was used to. It took me a while to relearn how to drive and jump but I'm getting there. I'm still amazed that just a little throttle 5-10 feet before the jump will rocket boost it off the lip. Here's a video from yesterday

https://youtu.be/xyyuDTt9I78
Looks like you got things pretty much worked out. Great job! Great choice of ESC...sorry, but I'm pretty much a Hobbywing fanboy .

I don't think I saw what motor you went with. For 4S LiPo pack use, I'm assuming you are using close to a 4270/4274 2000kv motor?