RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Galloping Ghost build
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 04:27 PM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OK.. I'm back in business. I think I solved issues. There were actually several things needing correction. It's probably more my fault than Kolm. First, I cleaned out the rest of the rubber parts inside of the crank case. All Good. Second, I'm not sure why my low end needles were so lean, but the manual states a good starting point is the Hi 1 1/2 turns out, and the Low, 1 3/4 turns out. My low end needles were all only 1 turn out. Who the heck knows why!! The other problem, totally my fault. the prop screws for the SL prop hub were really loose and the pitch was changed. I should have check since I use these prop hubs and you need to put lock tight on all 12 hub bolts if you're using the CARF setup. I mean you need to check them each time you go to the field. I fixed everything, and the engine started right up. slightly rich on the low end, but just made 1/8 turn lean and the low was great. Getting 4200 rpm on the tach with the CARF recommended pitch. It's best to admit fault then to mislead on this.