RCU Forums - View Single Post - B.J. Super Fantasista
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 08:29 PM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My plane came in a bit on the heavy side. It is the fixed stab version powered by a Pletty Advance. To reduce weight (46 grams), today I removed my flap servos and bolted a carbon fiber plate in the servo well with the flap servo pushrod bolted to it. You do not need the flaps. The plane snaps on ailerons alone quite well and has plenty of downline drag with the ESC braking. I have about 30 flights so far on mine. And you avoid a bunch of unnecessary radio programming. I only have 1128 grams available for 10 cell flight pack with the elimination of the flap servos. I am also trying out an MKS HV747 servo on the rudder. So far so good on the MKS servo. It is light, small and has plenty of torque for a rudder servo. I have JR NX3421's on elevators and front rudder(frudder) and JR 9411's on ailerons. I can eliminate some more weight by eliminating the serial bus hardware that I needed to accommodate all the extra servos. Need to fly it a few times to make sure the change is fine before I do that.