RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCExl OFF with signal loss
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 05:23 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by David2011
SmartSafe binding was happening with the AR6210 and one of the AR7000 receivers and they wouldn't shut the RCExl switch off. The other AR7000 allows Preset Failsafe and it does shut the RCExl switch off so I'll be using it even though it's DSM2 instead of DMSX. Guess I need to buy some newer receivers for my bigger airplanes that have electronic ignition.
David2011, I guess the joke's on me as I too have an RC Exl Opto kill switch installed in my 20cc gasser which is activated by ch.5 ( Gear) switch on my trusty Fut 8UAF Tx upgraded to 2.4 with a FrSky module which works great, but reading your post got me wondering and checking my system I have found out that turning off the Tx does not turn off the ignition as it should. My Tx manual says I need to switch Ch.5 from Normal to F/S in the Failsafe Menu via the Basic Menu, but when I go into Basic Menu and try to go to the F/S menu via the ATV menu as told I can't find the F/S Menu...….so what am I doing wrong. Hopefully someone still using this model radio or knowing how to navigate it will chime in.

The funny thing is I was quite happy with how the switch works manually but now I want to get the whole package.