RCU Forums - View Single Post - Power Reccomendations? Help!!
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 11:25 PM
RCaillouet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Reccomendations? Help!!

Am looking into getting a Laser Mini 3D or the NE Sailplaes Accord II. Am looking for some help with it though, before I buy. First question, do the things have enough room inside for 8-10 cell packs both NIMH and NICADS around 800 - 1300 Mah? Second and more importantly WHAT POWER SYSTEM? I am not looking for all out 3d, but would like some decent performance. Also, am a military family man on limited budget, so most of the tru high end brushless will be out of the question, but if I could get a power system with controller for under $150, I could possibly convince the wife. Was also wondering if at least for the first little bit, what someone my think of putting either a 400 or 480 size brushed in it? What about a the Wattage Cobalt 400? Break in is no problem as I am more patient and am willing to make things run right before flying! Am leaning more toward the Mini Laser over the Accord, but I like both! Also, I may be hand launching the plane and belly landing on grass, any problems with this on these planes?

Thanks,

Reg