RCU Forums - View Single Post - ZYX S2 setup woes ?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 04:28 AM
chopperaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZYX S2 setup woes ?

I have been fighting to setup a ZYX S2 gyro for about 2 weeks now, without much succss.
It is hooked to a futaba Rx via sBus, and all other wires go to the gyro itself, including power from the ESC

My problem is setting it up as there is no little setup button on the S2, You have to use either a USB connector cable, or else a Bluetooth adaptor Well, the SB cable requires the use of the well known Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port driver, but despite having installed this on both a W7 and W10 PC, both show that they are NOT working in Device Manager. The data shown is :

This device cannot start. (Code 10)
A device which does not exist was specified.

So I went down the bluetooth route - even more problems. I have so far tried it from a bluetooth phone, and a bluetooth tablet, and a bluetooth laptop.

I can get the laptop to make a connection if I am lucky, but as soon as I start to make any setting changes in the Tarot supplied software, the bluetooth just disconnects immediately.

This is driving me totally mad. The bluetooth and the USB are brand new, as is the gyro, and all are suppossed to be for the S2 version of the gyro.

Any one else encountered, or better yet overcome these problems with the ZYX S2 gyro ?