RCU Forums - View Single Post - Poll , Are you an AMA member because you WANT to be , or because you HAVE to be ?
Old 06-10-2018, 05:17 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by captinjohn
Some clubs seem to always have have a "click" and if your not in it. the fun is just not there. That is why members break away & find a private place to fly. Most times the private places to fly the group is small & have more fun. AMA is good t have, but not needed at some of these places as there is nothing around of any expense to damage. It works for a lot of folks.
I can see where you are coming from here but you also need to remember that you are the new guy in that situation. It is up to you to present yourself in a social manner. Every club that I have visited and/or been a member of has welcomed me and my wife with open arms. Whenever there is a get together of a certain number of people, there will always be the element of " the cool crowd ", been that way for centuries. You had to deal with it in school and then later in life at the job so why should an R/C club be any different?