RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whatever happened to...
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 11:51 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyUs
A good number of 1/10 scale outdoor off-road tracks still around in different parts of the Commonwealth here, but not like it use to be. Showing up to race and pitting off the back of your truck's tailgate were good times.

I was at a high school football game, and seen the guy who got me started in racing. I should've went up to him, but he was in deep conversation with others, and I just wanted to leave event. The track that was in his backyard. A simple track design with an oval track on the outside perimeter for converted Sprints. A Commador 64, inside minivan, was used for lap counting duties during racing. Frogs, Hornets, and Grasshoppers kicking up the dirt. Months later, someone shows up with a RC10...game over .
The problem is that people have gotten way to serious about it. Its not for fun anymore its all about winning. People look down upon you if you don't have the latest and greatest buggy or charger or transmitter. They talk trash about you, they are snobs. Its disheartening but its driven many people away from competition.