RCU Forums - View Single Post - Poll , Are you an AMA member because you WANT to be , or because you HAVE to be ?
Old 06-20-2018, 08:26 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by init4fun
......................................Also of note , friendliness begets friendliness and standing amidst a group of folks who don't know who you are for a solid HOUR without uttering a word yourself just looks plain damn creepy , remember they are the already established group and you as the newcomer to the group very well could have been the one to say "Hi , just here to watch your planes fly" with a smile and I'll bet you'd have been welcomed far sooner than just standing there wordless , leaving them to wonder if your some terrorist or angry neighbor looking to kvetch about the noise ....
Actually I stood in the designated spectator area. So it should have been pretty obvious to the members what I was. And while there was occasion for members to walk by, it wasn't exactly located with "the group".

Maybe next time I'll ride the Harley to the site and stay on it as I cruise up and down the pit area looking at the planes. Maybe that will get someones attention?