RCU Forums - View Single Post - Poll , Are you an AMA member because you WANT to be , or because you HAVE to be ?
Old 06-20-2018, 03:55 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I will certainly say we have different perspectives. As for your store example, my LHS is owned by a man named Chet. I usually get helped by Rob, Joe or Andrew. I know them by name because I have put forth the effort to get to know them. For my efforts they know me and my wife by name and I get great service. I however did not expect the same level of service the first time I walked into the place. I had to take the initiative first. The same can be said for any situation when you are the unknown person. I do not expect that sort of situation from other stores such as Home Deopt etc. When I require help, I ask for it politely.

As an AMA club member I am not selling anything. I am there to enjoy my hobby. I really have no responsibility towards anyone else at the field other then to operate in a safe manner. That being said, if anyone approaches me and starts up a conversation I will do my part as a good ambassador to promote our hobby. IMO it is up to the new face to establish contact. This demonstrates interest on your part, lets other guys know that you are open to conversation.