RCU Forums - View Single Post - F 100 from "Mirce models" wooden kit
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 03:55 AM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

OK, now a little pause with fuselage, it's time for F 100 wing.

Looking at the drawing and a bunch of wings parts, I was thinking of where to start?

The first step in making the wing was to go and buy a new OSB wooden board (2500 x 1250 mm), because all I have in the workshop are too narrow for this wing.

To fit everything, I first made the template and sorted all the parts without glue.
I kept in mind that the aluminum tube (wing joiner) must be at an angle of ninety degrees in relation to the first rib to the fuselage and that the leading edge must be absolutely flat.
Then, along the other edges of the wing ribs guide plates, I slid the wooden battens, so nothing could be moved anymore.

Now was easy, first I glued the transverse parts that connect all the wing ribs, but I did not adhere two parts that are immediately next to the aluminum tube.
Aluminum tube was in the wing during this process!!!!!
This is very important for good alignment!!!!

When the adhesive was dried, the wing was very rigid, I removed the tube and glued the two remaining cross sections. While the adhesive did not dry, I checked how the tube to enter through the all ribs holes and when I was convinced that everything was OK, I take it out and left to dry the adhesive on wing wooden parts. In the end, I glued the trailing and later leading edges.

For all gluing I used a white (carpentry) adhesive.

Last edited by mirce; 06-24-2018 at 04:00 AM.