RCU Forums - View Single Post - NQD Storm Engine PX-16
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 05:18 AM
8MILLSNIPER007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FAZDA
You won't be able to make a boat like that go that fast unless you want to spend tons of money. You'd need two brushless esc's, two brushless motors, and at least two lipo batteries and a charger for them. Plus you'll probably need all new drive hardware, new props, watercooling, a new radio system, and an actual rudder system for the boat to handle the power. I don't mean to discourage you but trying to put that much power into a boat like this (even though that guy did it) is just going to create a lot of headaches and rack up a huge bill, I would know, i've thought about it before. I've come to realize the cheapest way to get a fast boat is buying a new or used (especially used) aquacraft or proboat brushless and running it stock.
I realize this is a older post but the above comment is far from the truth! That is unless you consider $60.00 a ton of money. I have built about a dozen of these, all twin brushless motors and everyone of them cost me under $60 to build. This boat is actually a decent handling hull up to about 45-50mph. They are a great way for someone to get a quick boat up and running and would even make a great budget class racer too.