RCU Forums - View Single Post - Martin Baker MB.5 Giant Scale Build
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 05:24 AM
Sundance2018

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Martin Baker MB.5 Giant Scale

Originally Posted by tdstaf
Like I Said a huge undertaking..
I spend any where form 40 to 60 hours drawing and placing notches on former's on a ..40-.60 size model then possibly another 10 to 12 hrs on setting up laser cut sheets..
This is just information on what is entailed for the time and effort your asking someone to help you with.
Its not just scan, copy, and cut. You basically have to draw and assemble every thing in CAD to see if it will work and then some of the parts may not fit after they are cut.

I don't want to discourage you I'm just trying to inform you of what is entailed..

Tim
Hi Tim -
Oh trust me, I know that this will not be an easy undertaking...even for an experienced designer. The one thing you touched on though, which is not necessary for me, is that I wouldn't need the parts layout for laser cutting. I hand machine cut all of my work. As far as the detail for notches...etc. that isn't necessary either. I improvise a lot on my work (that's what makes scratch building really enjoyable. Truthfully, if I could figure out a way to scale up the one attached detailed image that I've posted here, I would be all set. Unfortunately, importing the JPG into Paint and scaling it leaves a lot to be desired because the resolution is shot. I have Solid Edge and I cannot import an image file into it for editing either. The one fellow in the thread mentions Paint.net....not sure what that is but I haven't been able to locate it on the net. That leaves printing the image and taking it down to Staples Print Services and trying to scale it up that way, I would have to scale up individual sections though (not a big deal) because the largest width paper size is 36"
Thanks for your input!
Tom