RCU Forums - View Single Post - New BJ Craft Andrew Jesky Designed 2016 Nats winner Element thread
Old 07-15-2018, 05:38 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bo-
I don't know if I can answer all your questions, but I'll try to help whare I can.

1) From what I understand, it's the same plane. My nose ring is set for a couple of degrees of right thrust, which is where I have my motor shaft set, with a non-contra setup. In addition, I seem to require a couple of clicks of right rudder.
2) I can't speak for Andy, but I'm impressed with BJ Parks X-Drive.
3) There are no stab adjusters. To have an adjustable stab, you will have to make a modification of some kind. I recommend that you try the fixed stab location and fly it first. The wing adjusters are not installed and IMHO junk. I recommend replacing them with Gator adjusters.
4) I don't know, but I run a 21" prop and have about 7cm of clearance to the axles level.
5) My speed is similar to the contra Agendas I've seen fly. I think the speed range is independent of the thrust source you have. The Element will fly remarkably slow through most maneuvers with throttle management.
6) Mine is 10.5 pounds with 5000mAh batteries, but I usually run 4400's. My setup is strictly functional with no bling like pants, spinner or contra since I fly off turf.
7) ....

I had understood it was basically an Agenda with a raised wing, flat stab, etc. AFIK all the templates I show on the build thread will work on the Agenda.

Hope this helps,
Ron

Last edited by grotto2; 07-15-2018 at 05:43 PM.