RCU Forums - View Single Post - New BJ Craft Andrew Jesky Designed 2016 Nats winner Element thread
Old 07-16-2018, 01:45 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Ron,
Thanks for the answer.
I supposer If Your plane weight 10.5 pounds (=4.76 kg) with 5000 mAh LiPo the weight with 4500 mAh (+- 100 mAh) could be around 10.2 lb / 4.6 kg give and take a few hundrad grams.

Do You use the landing gear included with the kit? I have heard some people change it to Falcon landing gear because the original landing gear was not so good (weak?).

The biggest issue with my Galactika is that it do not like to be slowed down to a speed I like because then it start to be unstable in yaw (at least my plane).

Good to know the wing adjusters that comes with the plane is better to replace with Gator wing adjusters. Are You using stab adjusters?

AJ Element is actually an Essence with the modifications I mentioned that Andrew Jesky wrote in another Element thread here.
So Element is not a modified Agenda. On the other hand, as I understand it, an Agenda is the Contra version of Essence so I guess one can say it is a modified Agenda also in some way, Element has a modified Agenda wing.

I have been thinking of maybe a Hacker Q80-14XS Sensitrol and Hacker Sensitrol ESC and 3 blade prop could be a good combination instead of Contra but I have all alternatives opened so far. I do not know when maintenance is needed at present on latest version of Brenner V4 Contra but I suppose some greasing is still needed in the garbox after some time (after 200 flights it is mentoned at F3A Unlimited website). I have been using Q80-14XS for many years and I'm very pleased with it. It is not possible to convert an ordinary Q80 to Q80 Sensitrol (I have asked Hacker). But Q80 Sensitrol+Sensitrol ESC+1 prop is still rather much cheaper then a Contra+motor+ESC+2 props.

I used Sebart planes before I trid the Oxai Galactika and liked the Sebart planes alot, their biplane Promethous is a nice plane that flies great with Contra (with Adverun, I have seen it fly many times). But I like monoplanes little more at present.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 07-16-2018 at 01:56 AM.