RCU Forums - View Single Post - Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Tank Control Board
Old 07-21-2018, 01:58 AM
Brycevr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LukeZ
If you know of an AFHDS receiver (not AFHDS-2A) that can output PPM let me know the model number and I will update the Wiki. The 9XR transmitter you mention does not come with a module so whatever you are using successfully is dependent on the module you've chosen, and I agree there are many that will work with the TCB. When the Wiki claims there are no receivers for the original AFHDS protocol it is talking about the module that came with the old, original 9X and other inexpensive HK/Turnigy/FlySky transmitters. Hobby King recently released a new version of the 9X that includes an AFHDS-2A module and PPM receiver, so the issue is largely moot at this point, except for those who have the original 9X of which there are a large number.
I use these in 450 quads.

iRangeX Tiny 2.4G 6CH Flysky Receiver Compatible with Flysky PPM Output For Eachine
They use straight AFHDS protocol and bind well.
Cheap and simple. 6Ch
About 25mmx 13mm and power usage in milliamps.
I've found others and of course have a multi protocol system that I'm still getting my head around.
My aim is always to offer the most cost effective solution, there will always be a $thousand solution but yours with a set of simple peripherals is the "ducks guts"
I think an arrayed simple ESC with prewired connectors.
We need your rock and roll to complete the band.
I'd love to have a classic Fart sound as my startup...
I'm only here for the fun and to play in another field, I just REALLY love your work.

Last edited by Brycevr; 07-21-2018 at 02:19 AM.