RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOPRC/GatorRC P-51 Mustang 89"
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 04:44 PM
Cpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by benjack71
I have the four blade spinner from gator for the plane. I was surprised that only compression locks the props in place. On my FMS 1700mm models there is screws that literally lock the props from rotating in the hub and changing the angle. If I am missing something let me know.( I understand this is a variable angle prop set up) The big question I have concerning the four blade spinner is the prop hub. It appears to me it needs to be drilled out in the center to fit over the prop shaft and the holes drilled in it with the back plate using my drill jig. If I am missing something anyone free to jump in and set my straight. Here is a list of the radio/servos/power board
Servos: Hi-Tec 645MG
Spektrum DX 9/AR9030T receiver
RedWing RC Black power board, using two 2100 Mah Life 4s 13.2 batteries, in redundancy, powering servos and ignition. (Yes the board has voltage regulation)
Power plant is torqpro 70cc 4 stroke.
Plan on installing nightfly led scale lighting including the landing light. That should be fun

Thanks
Ben
Ben,
The spinner does not determine if your prop locks in with compression or bolts; that is determined by your engine, which, on an aircraft this size should be four bolts. You will need to drill the spinner plate out to match your engine's bolt pattern.