RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 10:58 PM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Note the tank badge screws have been removed yet the badge remains in place.Yes,there's a massive amount of hardware shop silicone behind it,every spraypainters natural enemy,it's like kryptonite to superman.

Originally Posted by Hobbsy
I remember that 215 V-8, I was replacing a utility pole out in the boons back of Wellsburg, W.Va. and a guy was replacing the head gasket on one of those. He was using a 30" breaker bar to tighten down the head bolts, I went over and said, man you should be using a torque wrench to do that. He said, oh no, I know how to torque bolts. the next day I was replacing the next pole, I heard the car start and go down the road, about 20 minutes later he came back and you could see antifreeze, smoke and water vapor blowing out of the gap beside the hood and you could hear air being pumped in and out where the head gasket had blown. Yep, he was an expert torquer.

Speaking of pumping, I flipped the new 1.20DP with no plugs in it and the pumping action generates quite a bit drag and wheezes loudly. It's going to be history as soon as a new back plate arrives.
I think as we all get older and gravity begins to win we create more drag and certainly do a bit of wheezing.But seriously dave why did saito fit a pump to the fa120dp?

Gary that's very,very nice landing gear.We've got a last of the bsa pre-unit engined rocket gold star 650 twin in the shop for repair,make around 50hp.