RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problems with Advantage Hobby
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 04:04 PM
Red7fifty
My Feedback: (73)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With sales suffering across the board in our hobby, I thought I'd once again, place a large stock up order for some UltraCote......20 rolls in total for future build projects. Advantage Hobby advertises "Free Shipping on $59 order".
With $349.86 in my cart, I check out, and the shipping charges were $9.99........(what happened to my free shipping?) I find an exclusion clause that says "Orders over 5 lbs subject to shipping charges".......so I delete items until the shipping charges go away, but still qualify for free shipping by exceeding the $59.00 minimum.
I place (4) orders, each consisting of (5) rolls of Ultracote. (Total $349.86)

This morning, I receive an email from Advantage Hobby:
"We will notify you when your order is ready to ship. And at that time what the Shipping & Handling charges will be.
Have a good day."

My reply:
"These orders qualify for free shipping......otherwise, please cancel all 4 orders. Thank you."

From Advantage Hobby:
"Your orders will be cancelled and your form of payment refunded as soon as possible.
Have a great day!
Sandy"

My Reply:
"Sandy, so, you would rather lose a $300+ sale, than honor your advertised service?
Wow."

Advantage Hobby:
"You speak of honor, you know as well as I do that you placed 4 consecutive orders to avoid Shipping & Handling charges.
Sandy"

My Reply:
"Yes, and there is NOTHING wrong with doing so.
I will let the RC community know about this transaction.
If you want to honor these orders, group them into one shipment so YOU save on shipping 4 separate orders, I am ok with that. Otherwise, this will not reflect well on your end."

11 minutes later, all (4) of my orders were canceled, payment refunded, and no further messages from Advantage Hobby.

What a complete waste of my time. I will take my business elsewhere, where the advertised are honored.