RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hacker/Jeti Mezon 90/95 safety warnings
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 03:10 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
It is good that this info has been released by Hacker. To bad they did not figure this out long ago and added more number of FET's if that would help. My Mezon 90 blew up in 2016. Then I got a new Mezon 90, that I still fly with (but will not use it for next season). I had briefely a Mezon 130 in the plane where the Mezon 90 blew up but it was only while I waited for the new Mezon 90 to arrive.

It was long ago I tried something new in the motor and ESC field and maybe I will take the plunge for a Hacker Q80-14XS Sensitrol and Sensitrol ESC but that ESC is 151 gram and then I also need to add a 2 cell LiPo receiver battery (maybe 40 gram) and a "switch" like Powerbox Systems Digiswitch (15 gram), DPSI Micro SingleBat or DualBat 5.9V/7.2V F3A Edition magnetic switch (23-26 gram) or similar, all adding weight.
Another alternative is a Hacker MasterSpin 99 Pro Opto that has 48FET's, but it is kind of old ESC but I suppose still works good.
Thre is some new line of Jeti Mezon Pro ESCs to be released soon I belive and maybe I will wait and see their specifications.
But it seems they are only avaliable up to 80 Amp (100 gram) and that might be on the edge to low max current limit for use in many 2M F3A planes:
Jeti Model New Mezon Pro 50 ESCs with Full Device Explorer Integration, Wireless Programming & Telemetry!!! | EM Blog

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 09-08-2018 at 03:19 AM.