RCU Forums - View Single Post - iX12 Spektrum Radio
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 01:42 AM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default iX12 Spektrum Radio

I just spent a bit of time familiarizing myself with this radio and learning some of the features. Last summer I basically imported my Allure settings from my DX-18, re-bound to the plane and flew in the NATS. Its been pretty busy lately, but took some pictures and a posted them here to highlight some of the features of the radio that I really like.

The touch screen is very nice. It allows very easy access to programming and features. It has a similar "feel" to the touch-screen smart phones. The radio is set up with Android operating system. I won't get into too many of those details, as Jay Smith did a really nice article in Model Aviation (August 2018 edition). www.modelaiviation.com

I use the radio for pattern flying but also have some other planes set up on the radio such as the Radian glider. Joseph has been flying this redio for his pattern plane as well.

While opening up the wifi enabled link to update the software (something done periodically since the radio was recently released) I came across some hurricane updates! Basically, since its on WiFi (or can also connect through Bluetooth) its like having a mobile device build into the Tx. Check emails, Facebook and download music for freestyle. Pretty neat.

Last edited by Don Szczur; 09-15-2018 at 03:11 AM.