RCU Forums - View Single Post - Multiplex Twister EDF
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 01:04 PM
aeromax18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Maidened the Twister

,Hi guys
I see nothing happened here foe a while. I veered off to other airplanes and then last week decided to get the Twister in the air. Decided to fly it first with the stock set up. I got about 1050 grams of thrust on fully charged new CHNL 4's bat. I set it up with forward c.g. My friend hand launched it with me on the sticks It took off nicely climbing to a safe hight then I reduced the power to about 50% and relaxed ( I have not flown in 4 months). I was positively surprised by the way it flew. Rock steady and responsive. I flew it for
4 minutes on low power and landed it easily. After a 10 minute break I took off again with a fresh bat. and did a couple of hi speed passes. I was just beautiful. I truly enjoyed this little jet. Relaxed the power and then after two more minutes It lost power and I had to glide it in. Glides in very nicely.
Upon inspection I discovered that the motor got cooked. That was a big disappointment as I was not pushing it hard at all. Got home and mounted an upgrade xrp 2840 - 2600kv motor 13 blades fan. I placed some weights on the tail to bring the CG to the factory recommended nipples location. I did not bother to increase the inlet area as was recommended here by some of you and just assumed it will fly at least like the original set up which I was fairly happy with.
Next day we launched it and what a disastrous experience that was. The plan was so under power and CG was so aft that it simply pointed up and near stalled . I managed to save it for a moment but the aft cg and extreme lack of power led to a crash. The nose broke off from the middle of the canopy and the rest of the plane survived. I hot glued the nose back in place ( will do a fiberglass repair job on it later) time to think now.

Last edited by aeromax18; 09-26-2018 at 01:39 PM.