RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR America service?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On Aug 22nd I purchased a JR Sport ST126 servo from my LHS to be used in a BVM Electra for nose gear steering. Upon bench testing I discovered that the servo was defective and only "jerked" when applying power.. As the servo was under a 3 year warranty, I Priority Mailed it to Horizon for warranty repair and/or replacement. Since Horizon no longer handles JR they forwarded the servo to JR America for service. Shortly after I received an e-mail from JR America stating that they would not honor the warranty since the sales receipt had an incorrect 2012 date due to a point-of-sale problem with their sales register. I then notified JR Americas and asked them to contact the LHS and provided contact information. After a week or 2 I requested the return of the defective servo and was advised of a $ 7.99 shipping fee. I then asked for a mailing address to send a USPS money order but never received any reply- this was over 1 month ago. I'm still; waiting and like to get the servo back to for salvage and/or test fitting. Be aware of sending JR equipment to JR America for service. BTW, the LHS was kind enough to order ands provide a replacement Spektrum A6150 servo at No Charge. Superior service from my LHS, lpoor service from JR America.
Regards,
Art ARRO