RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electriflying Top Flite Stinson Reliant
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 05:38 AM
stearman65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AV & Wing Matters

I spent around 7 hours over 3 days separating the components from the die cut ply & balsa sheets. If you are starting this kit or any so called Top Flite Giant Scale kits, make sure you mark each component as you remove it from the sheet. The sheets are pictured in the manual, so use either the paper version or a PDF file on a PC if you have access nearby. The components came out relatively easy, the ply being cleaner than the balsa. I woke yesterday after dreaming about the build & realised with my restricted work space, I couldn't insert the cardboard wing joining tube with the plan as I had carefully fastened it down. So after clearing the bench, I once more re-located the plan. Before that I spread the components on the bench to photograph them but still ended up with a small pile in the middle & no more room. With the plan re-located I read & re read the instructions before committing to glue, The first paragraph & drawing are confusing, the section through the spar misleading, it shows 5 items where there are only 3, the 2 spars & the jig. I've left the two spars with the glue drying while I relax at the PC..
PS almost forgot, I've compiled a simple AV show of the first part of the build, it's on YouTube, this link should get you to it.