RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should I upgrade my 12X?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 04:54 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I upgraded (thought it was an upgrade) from a 12X to the Jeti Carbon line Duplex 16. There are days in programming that I regret the decision to change. In one jet I have a Duplex 14 receiver back up by a R3 (3ch receiver) channel receiver. I have nothing fancy on the telemetry side, just the what the receiver will display, antennas, receiver voltage, etc. My second jet I am just finishing up and haven't done the maiden yet. I am using dual R3 receivers with a PowerBox Mercury SRS with GPS. The one thing that I was amazed at is being able to control up to 24 channels with a 3 channel receiver. There is all kinds of telemetry with it. You can still run out of channels too. I am using 14 channels of output out of the PB, controlled by 11 channels out of the Jeti. Something that I am still learning is that the PB I can only program 12 proportional channels of the 15 output channel pins of the 14 that I am using. I have 3 channels out just to do the gear and gear doors operated by one gear channel out. It has been a steep learning curve, and I have had a lot of different radios with the last the 12X. I agree with the guy that said it looks like a pizza box. It is about twice as heavy as the 12X, something that you get used to, and it is an ugly radio. Guess it looks modern to the Europeans. The whole reason that I bought it was to keep up on technology. I wanted the dual RF transmission and dual receiver reception. Which can be done two different ways for dual receivers. I don't want to be an old man that always needs help from others on programming. Good Luck with your decision.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 10-17-2018 at 05:05 AM.